Monday, March 26, 2007

Peter Max's advice to me

I went to Barnes & Noble at 7pm to see Peter Max. At the moment, I was debating if I should go straight home and I just said to myself - Oh what the heck - It's Peter Max. In his 60's, he still looks very young looking. He came to the front with a big smile. He talked about his life in Shanghai and Tibet and how he became an artist. He talked about his woodstock art project, Statue of Liberty, Central Park flyer.

He talked about his friendship with Andy Warhol. Everytime when their artworks were purchased, they would go to an antique shop and purchased cookie jars. Apparently, Andy Warhol picked the cookie jars Peter Max wanted, so he would pick different jars. After Andy Warhol's death, Andy's assistant told Peter that Andy always thought Peter selected the best cookie jars. Crazy-huh?

As I was waiting on line to get my book signed, I've met a lot of interested people. After 20 mins passed, it was my turn to meet Peter Max. I asked him one advice he could say to an aspiring artist. He said...

..." Keep on drawing. Making silly drawings. That's what bring out the best work "

I will cherished it advice. Thanks, Peter.

No comments: