Sunday, March 25, 2007

OK Harris

At my NYU class, we went to OK Harris to meet the pioneer Art Dealer, Ivan Karp. He was a humorous man with straight forward introduction and answers.

OK Harris' current exhibition is really great. My instrutor, Laura, explained to the class how the paintings are arranged in a way not to overcrowd the paintings. The smaller paintings are put in the back for the reason that it would not be a target of getting it stolen. I was intrigued with the baby because the wire is twisted and blended in a way that the light can shown to the wall of a baby crawling - that was amazing.




LEONARD KOSCIANSKI


TJALF SPARNAAY


ROBERT GINDER

1 comment:

Phillip said...

I love those shadow pieces, although I can't remember the name of the artist. I have a question- Are any of the paintings you took pictures of by Robert Ginder? Because they don't look like his style. (He may be painting in a new style, I guess.) Just wondering! Thanks.